G191 – Incident Command System/Emergency Operations Center Interface
This course will enable the participants to develop an effective interface between the Incident Command and the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) by applying Incident Command System (ICS) principles.
- Describe ICS principles
- Describe MAC/EOC principles
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of ICS and EOC during emergency operations
- Using scenarios, analyze the ICS and EOC systems and identify various interface issues
- Apply ICS/EOC interface concepts in an exercise situation
- Begin developing an ICS/EOC interface action plan for your community
- Personnel associated with on-scene Incident Command
- EOC and Multiagency Coordination (MAC) System entities
This course works best when delivered to incident commanders, command and general staff, and emergency operations center personnel from the same community. Exercises and group discussions are used extensively to allow participants to begin developing an interface plan for their jurisdiction. There are no required prerequisites for this course.
G191 – Incident Command System/Emergency Operations Center Interface is a required course for the Advanced Professionals Series. Please visit the EMI website for more information about this series and how to request your APS certificate of completion: http://training.fema.gov/emiweb/APS/
KDEM will reimburse lodging for Kansas residents who travel 60 miles or more to attend this training. Cost for meals, mileage and incidentals will not be reimbursed. Participants will be reimbursed according to the current state rates (up to $77/night). KDEM reserves the right to deny reimbursement for excessive lodging rates. Reimbursements for lodging cannot be provided if participant is using Federal Preparedness Grant funds for this training. Residents outside of Kansas and private contractors are not eligible.
If you have a disability and need special accommodations in order to fully participate in any training activity, please contact the State Training Officer, Erin McGinnis at (785) 274-1413 or email@example.com, to discuss your specific needs.