"Incorporating Instructional Design and Adult Learning into Training; Improving Your Performance"
Class Dates for 2017, Curtis State Office Building, Rm 530, Topeka:
- February 23 and March 2
Kansas Public Health and Community Partner educators/trainers are cordially invited to participate in a two day live event education opportunity.
Instructional Design is the practice of creating, "instructional experiences which make the acquisition of knowledge and skill more efficient, effective and appealing.”
Goal: Provide instructional information and tools for educators/trainers who create/develop effective learning events and support the maintenance of a trained and competent public health workforce.
Course Objectives - At the conclusion of the training, learners will be able to:
- Explain the value of using a teaching model adapted to the needs of adults in a work environment.
- Write behavioral objectives.
- Explain the instructional design model recommended for e-learning courses posted to KS-TRAIN.
- Using the instructional design templates, build storyboards for a specific workshop or online course.
- Design an appropriate level of evaluation.
Description: The training will be for a select group of 30 educators/trainers per two day session.
Training time will be 8:30 am to 4:00 pm each day. Lunch from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. 1 - 15 minute break in the am and 2 - 15 minute breaks in the pm.
Funding for this workforce training has been provided by the Kansas Health Foundation's Public Health Practice Program.
Course content and activities will include:
- the theory and application of instructional design into your training/education offerings
- principles of adult learning
- rules for writing outcome and performance objectives
- the learning triad
- levels of evaluation
- how to tailor live training for online course modules
- public health language elements of Essential Services, Core Competencies and Accreditation Standards
Tools for the training will include job aids, templates and a participant work book.
Capstone Project – All participants will be using the storyboard tools to develop a live event or online course.
Instructor: M. Paula Daoust, Ph. D. CPT, Director of Workforce and Leadership Development for BlueCross and BlueShield of Kansas. Dr. Daoust will be leading this once in a lifetime professional opportunity.
Questions: Contact Debbie Nickels, KS-TRAIN Administrator, email@example.com, 785-291-3457