G300 – Intermediate Incident Command System (ICS) Course for Expanding Incidents
Under the registration tab above, you will be prompted to enter the dates you completed (or will complete) all your prerequisites. Your registration request will not go through unless you enter the dates in the box provided.
This course provides training on and resources for personnel who require advanced application of the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Describe how the NIMS Command and Management component support the management of expanding incidents
- Describe the incident/event management process for supervisors and expanding incidents as prescribed by the Incident Command System (ICS)
- Implement the incident management process on a simulated expanding incident
- Develop an Incident Action Plan for a simulated incident
The target audience for this course is individuals who may assume a supervisory role in expanding incidents. Note: During and expanding incident, some or all of the Command and General Staff positions may be activated, as well as Division/Group Supervisor and/or Unit Leader level positions. There incidents may extend into multiple operational periods.
- IS-100.a – Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS)
- IS-200.a – ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS-700 – National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- IS-800.b – National Response Framework (NRF), An Introduction
All Independent Study (IS) courses are available online (free of charge) at the FEMA Independent Study website: http://training.fema.gov/IS/crslist.asp
For most sessions, KDEM will set up lodging arrangements to be direct billed to us. Please look under the Registration Tab and then click on the Details Button for your session to be sure that lodging is available for the session you need to attend.
These rooms will be available for Kansas residents traveling 50 miles or more to attend this training. Arrangements for lodging cannot be provided if participant is using Federal preparedness grant funds for this training. Residents outside of Kansas and private contractors are not eligible for direct-bill lodging provided by KDEM.
If you have a disability and need special accommodations in order to fully participate in any training activity, please contact the State Training Officer, Erin McGinnis, at (785) 274-1413 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss your specific needs.