Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) Workshop
This workshop is designed to assist counties in completing their EOP using the kansasplanner.com system. This will be a one-day workshop and it is open to all Kansas counties.
Participants should include any county with an expired EOP, or counties with EOPs that expire in the next 12 months. County Emergency Managers who want to learn how to keep their EOPs continuously up to day.
Before the Workshop
- Participants will be provided with a workbook in advance and they should work on completing it to be prepared for the class.
During the Workshop
- The workshop will cover all of the line items in the Kansas Planning Standards and have discussion on any questions
- As the Planning Standards are covered, counties will record the information into their workbook
- When all the Planning Standards have been covered and the workbook is complete, participants will start entering into the kansasplanner.com system
- KDEM will facilitate entering information into the kansasplanner.com system by showing where and how to enter information, and answer questions that people may have about what to put into the system
This process has been completed at previous workshops and provides a strong foundation for counties to finish their Emergency Operations Plan. Counties that attend the workshop will complete a significant portion of their EOP during the two days.
For specific questions about this workshop, please contact Susan McMahan at email@example.com or (785) 646-3025.
Lodging arrangements will not be offered for this training.
If you have a disability and need special accommodations in order to fully participate in any training activity, please contact the State Training Officer, Erin McGinnis, at (785) 274-1413 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss your specific needs.