Healthcare Coalition Organizational Structure & Governance Workshop
This workshop is for the Hospital Regional Coordinators and appropriate public health partners.
Limited seating and registration will be approved.
At the close of the workshop, attendees will understand:
• The requirements and funding restrictions associated with the 2017-2022 HPP Cooperative Agreement and their relation to the CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule.
• The 2017 Healthcare Preparedness and Response Capabilities and how they dovetail with the cooperative agreement to advance the role of healthcare coalitions.
• When and why healthcare coalition should use of fiduciary agents and when to consider establishing an independent nonprofit organization.
• When and why nonprofit healthcare coalitions should consider seeking taxexempt
501(c)(3) status from the IRS.
• What governance is and how it varies for nonprofit healthcare coalitions nonentities using fiduciary agents.
• Why governance adopted for hospital coalitions/regions does not translate to healthcare coalition mandates under the new cooperative agreement.
• How healthcare coalition governance might be structured under a single statewide fiduciary versus multiple independent nonprofit or nonentity coalitions.